Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Forget "Real Audio"...Read Audio!


Well, I honestly don't know what to say right now, but I was getting sick of having those ugly pictures at the top of my blog page. If anyone's interested in the audio books I've finished of late at work, here they are in order from oldest to most recent, beginning all the way back in December when I started working again...



Heather MacDonald. The Burden of Bad Ideas: How Modern Intellectuals Misshape Our Society. 2001.



Richard L. Purtill. C. S. Lewis' Case for the Christian Faith. 1985.



Bernard Goldberg. Bias: A CBS Insider Exposes How the Media Distort the News. 2001.



G. K. Chesterton. The Man Who Was Thursday. 1907.



Jonathan Swift. Gulliver's Travels. 1726.



Oscar Wilde. The Picture of Dorian Gray. 1891.



Dan Brown. Angels & Demons. 2001.



P. G. Wodehouse. Right Ho, Jeeves. 1934.



Scott Hahn. First Comes Love: Finding Your Family in the Church and the Trinity. 2002.



Plato. The Last Days of Socrates: Euthyphro, The Apology, Crito, Phaedo.



Yann Martel. Life of Pi. 2003.



Gilgamesh: A New English Version. Translated by Stephen Mitchell.



Mitch Albom. The Five People You Meet in Heaven. 2003.



Lewis Carroll. Alice in Wonderland. 1865.



Leo Tolstoy. Anna Karenina. 1877.



Scott Hahn. Swear to God: The Promise and Power of the Sacraments. 2004.



Daniel Keyes. Flowers for Algernon. 1966.



John Paul II. Crossing the Threshold of Hope. 1995.



Aristotle. Nichomachean Ethics.



Richard E. Rubenstein. Aristotle's Children: How Christians, Muslims, and Jews Rediscovered Ancient Wisdom and Illuminated the Middle Ages. 2004.

I'm also too tired to review any of them right now, but I did enjoy them all (at least to certain degree). Perhaps I'll write reviews and share insights from some of my favs eventually, but no guarantees on this. If you want my two cents on any of them right now, just ask!

By the way, up next on my "Read Audio" list...



Anne Frank. Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl. 1947.



Mother Teresa. Loving Jesus. 1991.



G. K. Chesterton. The Everlasting Man. 1925.



Aldous Huxley. Brave New World. 1931.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home